BDN 2.0 for iOS – SubmittedDecember 29, 2014, 7:51 PM
GeekBrony ❘ 0
Blog Post, Brony, iPhone, Ponies, Update
It’s been a very long time since I’ve updated the iOS app for BDN, which was because of expiration on the developer account which had the BDN app uploaded. This led to many problems for various iOS users.
Luckily, I got a new developer account to start fresh with. I then proceeded to make changes to the app, so I could update it to the next version.
Today, January 29th of 2014, I submitted the new app. Changes include:
- Updated the app for iOS8.1 (Still works with 7.0 and up)
- Now supports iPhone 6 and 6+.
- Fixed various bugs.
- You can now vote on the poll from the news page, just click on that little survey icon in the top-left side.
- The news post icons are now crystal clear, instead of pixelated/blocky.
- Settings have been embedded into the app.
- Updated the tab-bar layout to make it look amazing.
- Updated some icons
- Radio page now displays listener count in an easy-to-read layout.
- If you are playing music in another app, the music doesn’t stop until you start playing the radio.
- Shows whether you have a High or Low Quality stream enabled.
- Album Art is now displayed.
- Song Information is now displayed on the lock screen and the Control Center.
- Notifications when there is a new song.
- Song information is taken directly from the stream content, which means that if you are paused on a song, it will remain that song in the title until the stream actually plays another song.
- Bouncing in scrolling has been disabled for the forum and readable-news sections.
Thank you all for being patient in waiting for the next version of the app after the app was removed from being downloadable from the App Store.
Also, there is an unfixable bug in iOS 8-8.1.2 that makes the duration only count up to 00:00:30. This might be fixed in 8.2 or any later version.